TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard?
Apollyon - 2011-04-19
In response to Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? (Owenz here)

Older teachers should get paid twice as much.
I don't think the Chinese will pay double...and why should they?

No, I don't think they would either but if they stopped using expensive agencies/recruiters/recruiter employers, they could easily do so.

All the world over older employees prove more stable and reliable; unfortunately, most schools like to employ cool young dudes for promotional reasons, it matters not if they arrive fresh from uni with a degree that has sod all to do with English Grammar, no need for them to teach it.

A fifty year old bloke without a degree of any sort is going to have a bigger vocabulary and a better understanding of grammar than somebody fresh from uni brandishing his 'ology' degree. i worked with a young American girl a couple of years ago fresh from uni. She said I have trouble understanding English English/ British English if you'll pardon the oxymoron. Now, a fifty year old American would have had little trouble understanding me because it wasn't my accent she was having difficulties with, rather that she had such a tiny vocabulary. You will get a Z Visa for teaching English in China if you can show a degree- that degree could be for art and design. Give me a well-read mature degree-less-person any day of the week.

Messages In This Thread
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-18
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Owenz here -- 2011-04-19
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-19
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavaria Beer -- 2011-04-20
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard?

Go to another board -