TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re South Korea-Good or Bad-The skinny?
Peter J. Horton - 2011-04-19
In response to South Korea-Good or Bad-The skinny? (Bavarian Bier)

I am an American and I taught in China for three years and in Korea for two years. What I found is that I didn't get paid as good in China.
When I started teaching in China I was paid 5,000RMB (About $800 US) my last year I did receive 15,000 RMB. In Korea I was paid 2.5 million won. ($2,600 US) In China I was treated like a King by most of the people. In Korea I felt that many Korean Schools and staff looked down on foreign teachers from many counties. My wife is Chinese and many times she was not treated well by the people there. She was a nurse of 13 years in China and spoke better English than the Korean teachers I worked with but they would not allow her to work in Korea. Korea is a lot cleaner than most parts of China.
Furthermore, in the public schools in China you may teach 45-70 students in a class. In the Korean public schools I never had over 35 students in a class.

Messages In This Thread
South Korea-Good or Bad-The skinny? -- Bavarian Bier -- 2011-04-18
Re South Korea-Good or Bad-The skinny? -- Peter J. Horton -- 2011-04-19
Re South Korea-Good or Bad-The skinny? -- Bavaria Beer -- 2011-04-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re South Korea-Good or Bad-The skinny?

Go to another board -