TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re pay raise
Apollyon - 2011-04-19

Let's say, if your previous pay was 5500 RMB a month, you could 500 bucks more, and that would be 6000 RMB a month.
I would not ask for an increase lower than that; also Chinese unis must learn to value the hard and good work of their foreign teachers; and the best reward would always be pay rise along those lines.

Words of praise for your good work may be fine, but there is nothing you can buy for them! Some more bucks in the pocket, then, is much better, and a pay rise plus some nice words of praise for your good and honest work is the best you could expect.

The latter is probably the only reason for you to stay on and to make your work meaningful and rewarding - for you and for them!
Good luck!

Yes, Turnoi, the old adage is 'praise is nice but it will not butter any turnips'

There's a lot in what you say but you know as well as I that these leaders can be stubborn mules, even when it makes no sense they can dig their heels in. He should be prepared for this and do his sums before moving on, if indeed money is his biggest consideration. I myself throw my weight around something chronic but I can afford to do so.

Messages In This Thread
Re pay raise -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re pay raise

Go to another board -