TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re pay raise
kurtg44 - 2011-04-20
In response to Re pay raise (Apollyon)

Hehe! I was waitin for the deluge of, what the **** type of salary is that! This is what I wanted. Now I can show my boss. That being said, I only want to teach in Sichuan or Yunnan so money wasn't as much a concern. This is the lowest salary I've also seen but I'm not sweatin it. Leshan ain't no Chengdu. The cost of living is low. This city gets country real quick. I spend freely, drink in the clubs, eat out every meal, no worries, no traffic, no western influences, little pollution. If I wanted to make money, I wouldn't be teaching in China. I'm saving that for the Arab countries. This semester I'm teaching 5 classes, one of which is an extra paid class netting me another 300rmb per month. There will be more opportunities for things like this. Last semester I had 5 classes. I have much time to explore the countryside, which is freakin' beautiful, on my motorcycle, which was bought with my salary. My apartment is not a penthouse but does have a balcony. The uni is overwhelmingly female but, alas, they are served atop baozi not toast. I'm craving toast. It is the most stress-free environment I've worked in. Other unis pay more in Leshan but the situation isn't near as good. Apollyon, thanks for your insight. You have the most cogent response. It ain't all about the money. If that is a person's thing, more power to them. I'm not into Eastern China or long hours but I do like long walks on the beach, crisp sunny mornings and a little kid taking a dump on the sidewalk outside my school. Turnoi is a trip. Never a dull moment. So, there is my more detailed description.

Messages In This Thread
Re pay raise -- kurtg44 -- 2011-04-19
Re pay raise -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-20
Re pay raise -- kurtg44 -- 2011-04-20
Re pay raise -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-20
Re pay raise -- Bavaria beer -- 2011-04-20
Re pay raise -- Silver Star -- 2011-04-20
Re pay raise -- kurtg44 -- 2011-04-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re pay raise

Go to another board -