TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What you need to do - ESL discussion
I shoulda got a fake cert first - 2005-05-02

You should fly to Bangkok, take a bus to Koh Sarn Road (bus 53 from the airport), and visit one of the shops that offer a counterfeit-document copying service. Do NOT take the TESOL course at one of the expensive mills! Save your money. No one from your employing school calls TESOL mills anyway. You'll be fine in Thailand, and probably China as well, with a fake. Besides, you don't know if you will like teaching. Why drop all that mulla at TEFL International in Ban Phe only to find teaching isn't your cup of tea? Get the fake, teach a year, and see if you like it. If you do, check for schools in places like Taiwan and SK that offer free TESOL training. After you get your bachelor's, go there and get your cert. You'll even get reimbursed for your airfare. If you can't get free training, get the cheapest training you can find in either South Korea or Taiwan. Schools in these countries regularly reimburse for airfare AND pay a lot more than Thailand or China. If you take the TESOL in Thailand, you won't get reimbursed for your flight to Thailand no matter where you go to teach. You'll get reimbursed only for the ride that takes you to
your reimbursing country.

Don't be like some of us sad saps who bought all the scare-tactic propaganda claiming you will get in trouble if you use a fake certificate. No one at my school EVER checked my credentials to see if I actually was who I said I was........ I use MAYBE 10% of what I learned at TEFL INT'L and my kids LOVE me....well, MOST do, anyway. Damn I wish I had a time machine!

Not just another poser

Messages In This Thread
NEWBIE NEEDING SOME DESPERATE ADVICE!!!` - ESL discussion -- Newbie -- 2005-04-14
What you need to do - ESL discussion -- I shoulda got a fake cert first -- 2005-05-02
Loser teachers with fake degrees - ESL discussion -- AjarnJim -- 2005-05-03
Who said anything about a fake DEGREE - ESL discussion -- SiamSap -- 2005-05-03
a wad of professional development - ESL discussion -- AjarnJim -- 2005-05-03
Except there is only one problem, Jim - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-05-15
You care, Jim. No one else in Thailand does. - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-05-04
To AjarnJim - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-05-03
Pulling back a bit... - ESL discussion -- AjarnJim -- 2005-05-03
I say again...... - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-05-04
Try China - ESL discussion -- Jeff -- 2005-04-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What you need to do - ESL discussion

Go to another board -