TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Advise on teaching in china
Mark - 2011-05-04

I think your earlier use of 'bravado' fits well. But in a rare twist of morality, he is asking for some guidance on getting a job without using his fakery - which in itself would be something to be respected .........

Maybe not a rare twist of morality, but probably an attempt to obtain more current information on his chances of being found out if he tries to get a job using a fake degree. You're still prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt despite the content of his initial post. Me, I'm not. And if I needed to submit a fake academic qualification to get a job, I'd do so without a moment's hesitation. That is because I've already gleaned enough current information on my chances of not being caught were I to do so. You worry about a knock on the door were you to cheat. I wouldn't, and in fact don't. And according to that link I posted, plenty of FT's have adopted my stance, not yours. A personal choice, as I have already said. Not all of us are like you. You'd be better to take up the debate with the poster of that link than with me. I'm just speaking for myself, not for others, like he is. You can't convince me to tow the line. And that's my final response on the matter. Be aware, like it or not, that not all of us take your moral stance, Why should we if we wish not to? There are plenty of teaching jobs here in China that you wouldn't take, but other foreigners would be more than happy to accept. I'll post that link again for you to re-read. Maybe you should consider seriously replying to it. I think the post on the link below is a great post by 'Apollyon'.

http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/tesol/index.pl?read=3832

Messages In This Thread
Re Advise on teaching in china -- Mark -- 2011-05-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Advise on teaching in china

Go to another board -