TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Need Special Recruiter Of China
Turino - 2011-05-05

I just, perhaps naively, take all the posts here at face-value. If I can offer some suggestions or help to somebody, I will.

That is a reasonable response that informs us you are willing to help those who may be in need of it with advice that you believe to be valuable. But beware of clowns who are out to waste you and others' spare time! Another poster, one whose moniker is remarkably similar to Apole, thinks my reply to that Pole is a waste of my time. But I beg to differ. You see, it might well be that other readers who are from the East of Europe are seeking employment as teachers of English in China, but haven't yet found a compliant agent. My post will probably be of use to them. Let's hope so.

By the way, Turino (from memory) is from the UK, and a graduate with a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education).

Just to put the record straight, I'm Scottish first and foremost, though my passport is British, unfortunately a necessity as there's no such animal as a Scottish passport.
And I wouldn't go so far as to describe my teaching qualification as a PGCE per se, but maybe I should, given the blowing of personal trumpets practised by some posters on this board. They love to talk the talk, but I wonder if they can walk the walk! As I regard myself as an unassuming kind of mortal, I'd rather just say what it says on the tin, namely that I have a postgraduate teaching qualification in secondary education in maths and physics, which is actually mandatory for secondary school teachers of either of those subjects in Scotland, and obtainable by degree holders in the relevant subjects after an additional two terms of study at a college of education. As for the rest of the UK, I couldn't say for certain if the employment regulations for secondary school teachers are the same as those mentioned above. However, in all probability they will be somewhat different.

Messages In This Thread
Re Need Special Recruiter Of China -- Turino -- 2011-05-05
Re Need Special Recruiter Of China -- Apollyon -- 2011-05-05
Re Need Special Recruiter Of China -- Turino -- 2011-05-05
Re Need Special Recruiter Of China -- Apollyon -- 2011-05-05
Re Need Special Recruiter Of China -- Turino -- 2011-05-06
Re Need Special Recruiter Of China -- Apollyon -- 2011-05-06
Re Need Special Recruiter Of China -- Turino -- 2011-05-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Need Special Recruiter Of China

Go to another board -