TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Need Special Recruiter Of China
Apollyon - 2011-05-06

Quite an analysis. I just don't comprehend why this poster, if your analysis is correct, feels it necessary - unless he is frustrated by his circumstances and it's a way of venting anger, or envious that some people are having a positive experience, or smug in his opinion that it's only mugs who work in China. If what you say is true, then it all seems pointless to me and counter-productive when these individuals are "outed." Too much time on their hands, I guess or bitter about something. Grudge matches achieve very little in relation to the original topic, in my opinion.

As for your other question about being paid extra, I can only speak from my limited experience in that anything with Cert. or Dip. in front, is not recognised in salary terms in China, even if what follows is the word 'Education' and they are genuinely postgraduate qualifications. Some respectable international schools teaching IGSCE may require a teaching certificate in addition to the subject degree, and recognise this in their pay sales. They also ask for experience/evidence of subject teaching in the country of origin, judging by the adverts.

I've got some more essay marking to do over the next week (in total about 56,000 words to read, correct and give feedback), so I'll give the Board and readers a rest for a while.

It's not my analysis/opinion as such. I merely copied and pasted five or so, posts, running one after the other, so, they speak for themselves.

I expect you could be seen as overqualified in China, when all they want is oral practice for the students. You certainly should be paid more than I am.

Messages In This Thread
Re Need Special Recruiter Of China -- Apollyon -- 2011-05-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Need Special Recruiter Of China

Go to another board -