TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Anyone heard of Hampson English
A Chan - 2011-05-09

Help!! I received a reply from Hampsons today for their Tianjin branch and after reading this forum, have been completely put off.
I'm currently a University student in my 3rd year(in UK) and wanted to go to teach in Tianjin for the summer (maybe a summer language course) as my boyfriend is starting a new job there and as I have 3 months holiday so thought it'd be good to see him and earn some cash at the same time.

I don't have a TEFL certificate (didn't want to pay a couple of hundred pounds when I'm only teaching for a few months) and I'm not a graduate yet as I've still got one more year to go. However, I have had 3 years of experience teaching and tutoring children and businessmen in France, Italy and South Korea (I was there for a year on my year abroad).
Due to the fact that I'm not a graduate yet, I was prepared to work in a less than perfect school but after reading all these posts, this seems to be the school of hell! What should I do? Accept the post and bear it as it's only 3 months then I'm leaving anyway?
Any suggestions please? Many thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Re Anyone heard of Hampson English -- A Chan -- 2011-05-09
Re Anyone heard of Hampson English -- Crap School Spotter -- 2011-05-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Anyone heard of Hampson English

Go to another board -