TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Please help me pick where to work and live in?
Turino - 2011-05-09

Why not widen your options by including towns and counties? School and college presidents in the public education sector there are usually past masters at wangling extra paid holidays for their staffs and are more laid back about teaching. Also, generally speaking, there is less or even no making up of cancelled classes there, unlike at most city workplaces.
Try to determine what kind of person your immediate boss is before you decide where to go. Older men may well be more laid back. By contrast, ambitious young or middle-aged women usually take teaching much too seriously. Sichuan backwaters tend to have a slow pace of life and the scenery there is more interesting than in many other parts of China. First and foremost, look for as stress-free a work environment as you can find.

Messages In This Thread
Re Please help me pick the right city to work and live in? -- Apollyon -- 2011-05-09
Re Please help me pick the right city to work and live in? -- Bavarian -- 2011-05-09
Re Please help me pick the right city to work and live in? -- Apollyon -- 2011-05-10
Re Please help me pick where to work and live in? -- Turino -- 2011-05-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Please help me pick where to work and live in?

Go to another board -