TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Take The Pledge
Juanisaac - 2011-05-16
In response to Re Take The Pledge (Dragonized)

I had a career in the USA, which I quit a few months ago to return to China. The principal at the school I worked thought that I was nuts to leave a full time jobs with benefits.
I just got fed up with my state firing people every couple of years when the economy went south to only hire them again when the economy improved. I have better job security in China than I do in the states; I still can't believe it. In China my gross pay is less than in the states, but my net pay is higher because I pay no taxes, rent, social security, etc. That, and I have three jobs waiting for me when I return.
But China does require better money management though. I have a few investments, and other options if the China thing does not work. With the U.S. dollar losing value everyday since they are printing so many, those Yuan will look better and better. Sorry, but at the moment I can't sign the pledge.
I believe that wages in China for foreign teachers will improve. My recruiter still can't find enough people to fill all her slots. Like those employees in Guangzhou that threw themselves off the roof to demand better wages, eventually they got better wages. Take care all.

Messages In This Thread
China: Take The Pledge *PIC* -- Crap School Spotter -- 2011-05-13
Re Take The Pledge -- Apollyon -- 2011-05-13
Re Take The Pledge -- Dragonized -- 2011-05-13
Re Take The Pledge -- Juanisaac -- 2011-05-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Take The Pledge

Go to another board -