TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Anyone heard of Hampson English, anyone here of alternative career paths in china?
Crap School Spotter - 2011-05-27

5000 RMB per month in some 2nd or 3rd tier city might just be fine if you have a savings, no kids, and don't have any bills to worry about. Otherwise there is no way you would survive. Many colleges in China are not so stellar either and I have worked at some of the so-called best colleges in China and I was not at all impressed with housing, wages, or the GW's that flock into those places. (There are exceptions), but they are hard to find. Its much easier just to find a better job in a corporation, embassy, or even an NGO. Besides, why work for 5000 RMB per month when your boss with no degree and no clue is cashing in on your white monkey butt so he/she can drive a BMW? I did not go to college to hand wealth over to some arrogant SOB that knows nothing about ethics and morality. As far as I a concerned school owners in China can shine my shoes and wash my car. I earned what I have, in most cases, the school owners got what they have via theft, fraud, and deception and they did so while dodging taxes. Colleges make millions of dollars and they can afford to pay licensed teachers a living wage. If you want low wages, try working in the inner cities of the USA. Or better yet, work in a nation that matters and actually needs real teachers. Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Lao, etc. I cannot see any justification for accepting low wages in China or anywhere for that matter unless you are on some charity mission.

Messages In This Thread
Re Anyone heard of Hampson English, anyone here of alternative career paths in china? -- Crap School Spotter -- 2011-05-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Anyone heard of Hampson English, anyone here of alternative career paths in china?

Go to another board -