TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China Simply FAB
Gemma - 2011-06-02

I was unable to keep discipline in the classroom when I used to teach at a comprehensive school in Manchester, England. My head teacher pressurised me to find another school. and the one I ended up at was even worse. So, I resigned at the end of my first term there, and after several months' chilling out, all I could get was a job stacking shelves in a supermarket. I was earning peanuts, and bored out of my mind. So, I jacked it in, and signed on the dole once again. Luckily for me, one of the employment councillors suggested I apply for EFL jobs abroad, and I took her advice, choosing to concentrate my job search on China because of its size and my observation that the few Chinese pupils I had taught in Manchester were extremely well-behaved.
I am now nearing the end of my first term of teaching in a small city of Hebei province. Teaching here is heaven. There is no comparison with the hell it is back home. When I read all the complaints about teaching in China, it makes me sad. I think some of you complain too easily. You don't know how fortunate you are to be teaching in China!

Messages In This Thread
China Simply FAB -- Gemma -- 2011-06-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China Simply FAB

Go to another board -