TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Degree Mills
Crap School Spotter - 2011-06-06

Hi,

Last I heard INTERPOL was working on some kind of a sweeping snatch and grab of degree mills and the idiots that order their goods. One such mill was recently slammed by cops and the government posted the names and addresses online of all of the fake degree buyers. Bravo! Now what we need to do is put the names, addresses, and the telephone numbers of fake schools online as well.

If you need to produce your "degree" in China, that's fine. Produce the "commencement" copy that they give you as an insert for the purposes of graduation. I've done that in the past and then later I find out that some A-hole scanned it and reproduced it and then tried to use it elsewhere. Its always funny when they do that.

I had some jackass try and get info on my degree but they were to stupid to realize that the date of graduation and the date of actually having a degree being conferred are often vastly different. In my case the VA paid for my college and back in the day the VA was always dragging their feet on paying benefits. I completed my studies on date X but my diploma has a date listed on it that is much different than the date that I graduated on. I went to my graduation and sat with everyone else, but in fact it was much later down the line before I actually was able to go pick up the actual diploma itself. The reason? The VA did not pay the bill. As such, my diploma has me listed as being part of the class of XXXX when actually, I was from class XXXX instead. Because my bill was not paid, my diploma was not printed along with other graduates and I had to wait until the next go around.

Meanwhile, I used my commencement copy of my diploma and that looks similar to the real deal, and in fact I did go to the college and I did indeed graduate, but you'd never know it when comparing the two diplomas.

Meanwhile, some A-holes are now left with egg on their face and I am still a graduate of XYZ college and my original document is safe and in tact.

Messages In This Thread
Re Degree Mills -- Crap School Spotter -- 2011-06-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Degree Mills

Go to another board -