TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re True, a uni degree is not everything you need
Michael - 2011-06-07

Turnoi,

I have read many of your posts and it seems that you are a straight shooter. For that reason I am asking if you could give me some advice on finding a job in China. I am currently a student at Baruch College, NYC and I am majoring in International Business and am also pursuing a double minor in Mandarin and Finance. My plan is to sacrifice 1 year of my life to live in China and continue the long road to fluency. I have been studying Mandarin for about 2 years. I do have an AS in Accounting but no BA. The only profitable attribute that I have relevant in China is that I speak English. My plan is to use English teaching in China to subsidize for language study. I have been on the hunt for about two months and have had some success in getting contract proposals from different companies and schools but through due diligence they all became fodder. I appreciate sites like this and others because it gives a good perspective of whats out there in China. Most, if not all, opinions are inherently biased but they all are still good food for thought. I get the sense that just mentioning the word recruiter on this site leaves a bad taste but is there any somewhat reputable companies out there? or could you just point me in a good direction? Any insight in this matter would be a great help.

Thanks,
Michael

Messages In This Thread
Re True, a uni degree is not everything you need -- Michael -- 2011-06-07
Re True, a uni degree is not everything you need -- Benny -- 2011-06-08
Re True, a uni degree is not everything you need -- Michael -- 2011-06-08
Re True, a uni degree is not everything you need -- Benny -- 2011-06-09
Re True, a uni degree is not everything you need -- Laura -- 2011-06-10
Re True, a uni degree is not everything you need -- Crap School Spotter -- 2011-06-07
Re True, a uni degree is not everything you need -- Michael -- 2011-06-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re True, a uni degree is not everything you need

Go to another board -