TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re EF (English First) Dongguan
Nikki - 2011-06-09
In response to Re EF (English First) Dongguan (PeterParker)

Why don't you go back to wherever you are from and see how many hours per week you would be
working at a full-time job there? I have never worked at EF but while they have a 40
hour work week I doubt you are actually teaching for 40 hours. EF may also have a 20-25
hour "contact week" but a 40 hour work week (where the other time is used for
lesson planning, paperwork, etc). This is pretty standard across most training centres
in China (and indeed Asia). Spreading misinformation just because you have a gripe with
certain people says more about you than EF itself.

But you have NEVER worked at E.F??.....mmmmmmm...you worked in any E.F???

This is probably because of the high number of "English Teachers" who fall ill so
very, very often. Amazingly enough they usually fall "ill" after a big night
out drinking. It would not surprise me if this "Steve Parker" was such a
teacher. If you are genuinely ill, go to the local clinic and get a doctor's note,
surely that is not too much to ask and anyone with brains would do it if two days'
salary was on the line (which I doubt is actually true). The whole thing about the hours
is quite standard across all training centres anywhere and that is the nature of working
at a training centre. If you don't like it, find a job in another type of education
facility, don't bitch and whine on an Internet board.

Why don't you go back to wherever you are from and see how many hours per week you would be
working at a full-time job there? I have never worked at EF but while they have a 40
hour work week I doubt you are actually teaching for 40 hours. EF may also have a 20-25
hour "contact week" but a 40 hour work week (where the other time is used for
lesson planning, paperwork, etc). This is pretty standard across most training centres
in China (and indeed Asia). Spreading misinformation just because you have a gripe with
certain people says more about you than EF itself.

Nah not really..I was genuinely ill..twice.. and didnt get a doctor's note cos I couldnt be [edited].

If you do not want to be taken advantage of, here is an idea, go back home and get properly
educated so that you actually meet the minimum standards for teaching English in China.
Working on a tourist or business visa is illegal. Just because you and your buddies do
it, it does not mean that it should be done and you do run the risk of being fined and
deported if you do so. It is unprofessional scum like you (and your buddies who replied
to this OP) that give all decent English teachers who do the right thing a bad
reputation.

No its NOT giving *all decent English Teachers a bad reputation*.....and cooking DEGREES is illegal, you know falsifying documents is to like...come on man....its a public forum hence WE can write and say what's on our mine....The Chinese govt only crunch down when its something special is happening in the motu e.g. Beijing Olympics, Guangzhou Games etc...the next one is the University Games.

* and your buddies who replied to this OP......Bro seriously...its because WE CAN...its a FORUM....if your unhappy with the post...dont read or write...but hey....YOU CAN...right so...you have an opinion...WE have an opinion....kill ALL the noise bro...The Peter Parker whose NEVER worked THERE!

and seriously NO Its not GIVING decent TEACHERS a bad reputation....seriously they should of got rid of my [edited] after the 1st WEEK, but hey they didnt...then thats their problem...the selection process could be done another way, but hey you dont have a choice when your in need of teachers...

Educated I am I must of got my Degree from the weet-bix box...bahahaha...but I seriously couldnt stand the adults, kids and the parents and the DOS, Centre Manager and My Supervisor knew...and really I didnt give a [edited] if my students did or didnt either.

ZAI JIAN :P!!

Messages In This Thread
China: EF (English First) Dongguan -- Steve Parker -- 2011-05-24
Re China: EF (English First) Dongguan -- Robert Nutter -- 2015-06-29
Re EF (English First) Dongguan China -- Nikki -- 2011-06-14
EF Dongguan is a terrible place to work for -- Anonymous -- 2011-06-10
Re: EF Dongguan is a terrible place to work for -- J-Hai -- 2011-09-18
Re: EF Dongguan is a terrible place to work for -- ESLSavior -- 2011-09-16
Re: EF Dongguan is a terrible place to work for -- Banana Joe -- 2011-09-17
Re: EF Dongguan is a terrible place to work for -- Dragonized -- 2011-09-16
Re: EF Dongguan is a terrible place to work for -- San Migs -- 2011-09-16
Re EF (English First) Dongguan -- PeterParker -- 2011-06-08