TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re EF (English First) Dongguan
Emma - 2011-06-10

My post was not to discuss my own views about sex or prostitution. It was to refute a comment made about other ex-teachers being labelled "unprofessional scum". EF, as we all agree, are not concerned with professionalism. We are arguing the same point. The only comment/judgement I made about prostitution was to point out that it IS illegal - (despite being openly tolerated) - and if EF were concerned with the reputation of decent teachers then I would suggest that the DoS examine his own behaviour as well as that which he actively encourages in others.

My own view is to legalise and regulate prostitution but that is irrelevant to my original post. I did not travel to Asia without doing a bit of reading first! What I do take offence to is the blow by blow accounts (excuse the pun) and the open harrassment of Chinese women in a place where I am trying to plan lessons. It was easy to avoid these men socially but not so easy in the workplace.

Just to clarify again, my point was that unprofessional conduct is openly tolerated at EF, and the male teachers being employed there are working in a completely consequence free environment when it comes to sexual MISconduct (entirely different from sexual conduct). Anyone who has worked there knows this.

Let's not turn this into a debate about prostitution/sex. I wanted to share my experience and highlight some facts about EF Dongguan.

Messages In This Thread
Re EF (English First) Dongguan -- Emma -- 2011-06-10
Re EF (English First) Dongguan -- San Migs -- 2011-06-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re EF (English First) Dongguan

Go to another board -