TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China: An Urgent Plea for Help
Mainland FT - 2011-06-11

This is on Dave's ESL cafe board, HK forum:

Currently I'm in Beijing, China with only 5 days to leave China. The Visa/Exit police have canceled my current visa and asked me to go back to New Zealand. I was cheated by an agent here in Beijing leaving me with little money, no job, my passport nearly filled up with visa's so needing a new passport. My embassy are trying to send me home, but cant pay for me go back home. I prefer go to Hong Kong, than face detention in Beijing next Wednesday. My embassy are insistent I don't go to Hong Kong but go straight home, but after the family abuse I faced when I was younger it's something I dont want to face. If anyone can help me in Hong Kong please email me. I really want to get on my feet and get back to China as soon as possible, not be forced to go home. I worry that by next Wednesday it's too late and I end up being locked up in Beijing and deported. I never want to face this. I have been working in china for nearly 7 years, have TESOL but no degree. There are many offers of work in China but Im unable to do anything now due to being forced to leave.
Im rather scared, not happy with the fact my embassy is forcing me to take the advice and go home, with the risk of not being able to raise the money for the air ticket home. They will not pay for my flight home, I must raise that money myself, but they can help call people on my behalf, friends family etc.
My email is danielhewlett86@live.com
My mobile is 0086 13488627768
Messages In This Thread
China: An Urgent Plea for Help -- Mainland FT -- 2011-06-11
Re An Urgent Plea for Help -- dude -- 2011-06-14
Re An Urgent Plea for Help -- happy-go-lucky -- 2011-06-15
Re An Urgent Plea for Help -- 1664 -- 2011-06-16
Re An Urgent Plea for Help -- George -- 2011-06-22
Re An Urgent Plea for Help -- San Miguel -- 2011-07-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China: An Urgent Plea for Help

Go to another board -