TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China!
Dark Star - 2011-06-12
In response to Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! (Milagros Geneva)

Well, dear!
What can I say that you will be able to understand? I suggest you read (or re-read) the other posts in this thread first. Please understand that it's the Chinese bosses who prefer women foreign teachers to men.
I doubt you've ever taught at a public university or middle school in China, of the kind that issue proper SAFEA contracts, which the vast majority do. Usually, there is a clause that states the foreign teacher must ask permission first before taking a SECOND job. Like I said above, it's far easier for foreign women teachers than for foreign men teachers to get such jobs because the Chinese prefer to operate like this. Discrimination against foreign men, yes? But the sponsoring bosses wouldn't agree to this second job in all likelihood as they have initially employed the foreign teachers, and don't want other Chinese schools to take advantage of that.
It looks like your jobs in China have been with private employers, such as training centers and kindergartens, where your English level would be just about acceptable. Such outfits usually don't issue proper SAFEA contracts. No, I don't hate foreign women per se. But I think Chinese women outclass them by and large. I hope you can understand my post now.

"Whenever you see such a thing happening, you can report the foreigner either to the tax bureau or to immigration." This is from my earlier post in this thread. Contracts that are signed by foreigners should be obeyed, and tax owed should be paid.

By the way, 'the foreigner' means just what it says, not just foreign women nor Filipinas, but all foreigners. That was my last sentence - it's my summary!

Messages In This Thread
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- 1664 -- 2011-06-11
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- elaborator -- 2011-06-11
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- foxy -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- 1664 -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- stevie -- 2011-06-11
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Dark Star -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Callum -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- San Migs -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Milagros Geneva -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Dark Star -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Milagros Geneva -- 2011-06-13
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Oldtimer -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- 1664 -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Callum -- 2011-06-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China!

Go to another board -