TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re China: Reputable Organisation? ZhuoWen Int. Culture Exchange
Foxy - 2011-06-30

A search of this Forum will show many issues with the method of entry being proposed by ZhuoWen Int. Culture Exchange,

Widen your source of information by doing a google search of the company name.
It turns out it is a recruiter. Another thing you and I don't know is whether the original poster holds a bachelor's degree! That may well make it very hard for that person to get an FEC, mandatory for the issuance of a Z visa.

The google search I mentioned above leads to the following link.

http://china.eslteachercafe.com/topic1189-boao-tongwen-international-cultural-exchange-avoid.aspx

Its content:

I came with them, two months later I was repelled by the Police from the city I had been sent to as apparently the school had no permission for foreign teachers, they left me with no job and accepted no responsibility, and didn't pay me for my work; in the beginning I thought it had been bad luck until I heard of more and more teachers in the same or similar situation with this agency... VERY DANGEROUS AGENCY, they can put you in serious serious trouble...
They have a twin company named Zhuowen International Culture Exchange Corporation, I wonder why they use two names?

Dodgy employer, this one, that's my conclusion. So avoid him.
But not all employers who ask foreigners to come over on L visas are dodgy. That said, any employer can get out of offering you a job just as easily if you had arrived on a Z. A Z is merely a visa to enter China for taking up employment. That's all it is. Without a valid RP you cannot teach legally here. And an RP won't be issued without a stamped and signed contract. Better off with an L if an employer won't sign a contract with you. More time to find another job opportunity while in the country!

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Thu, 30 Jun 2011, 08:18 AM]

Messages In This Thread
Re China: Reputable Organisation? ZhuoWen Int. Culture Exchange -- Foxy -- 2011-06-30
Re: Re China: Reputable Organisation? ZhuoWen Int. Culture Exchange -- Teacherman -- 2013-02-27
Re: Re China: Reputable Organisation? ZhuoWen Int. Culture Exchange -- Dragonized -- 2013-02-28
Re: Re China: Boao Tong Wen International Culture Exchange and ZhuoWen Int. Culture Exchange -- Teacherman -- 2013-02-25
Re: Re China: Reputable Organisation? ZhuoWen Int. Culture Exchange -- brad61 -- 2012-07-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re China: Reputable Organisation? ZhuoWen Int. Culture Exchange

Go to another board -