TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › tefl job market in china jammed...economic crisis in the west?
San Migs - 2011-08-11

Well,

It seems it is getting harder and harder to find a decent public college/uni position in China now, especially so, if you are outside of China.

Of a couple of jobs I applied for in Guangdong, I was told visas are no longer being issued in HK...have to complete all the formalities in your host country.

But even out of guangdong, it seems most positions want to pay less/increase hours, note I am not interested in or talking about training centres here, I am trying to deal directly with an FAO at a public place...but so far, no dice:(

So does anyone have any leads...getting quite despondent as the new semester is approaching, its already near mid august, and I've got zero offers as of now...BA Eng Lit, TEFL, and 5 years of teaching in the PRC and a couple of gigs in the Gulf is all I have to offer experience wise...seems I need to do an MA in Lit or Education!!!

Cheers and becks beers!!
SM

Messages In This Thread
tefl job market in china jammed...economic crisis in the west? -- San Migs -- 2011-08-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › tefl job market in china jammed...economic crisis in the west?

Go to another board -