TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment
Jules.A - 2011-08-30
In response to Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment (Gwendolyn Rumpelstiltz)

I have this week had an `interview` with EF that has left me rather dubious. All that one can say about the girl`s grasp of English was that it is better than my Mandarin. She wanted to ask me the typical run of the mill ridiculous questions teachers are subject to; eg How would you plan a typical lesson? (define `typical` and in which topic and level of progress within the subject/topic?), How do you maintain control in the classroom? (Duh! Depends on the class/school/age range/social environment etc. etc etc) All of which are depressingly familiar to any professional teacher who has faced a selection panel of (mostly) well meaning ignorant amateurs who delude themselves into thinking they are making some real contribution to the next generation`s education. A serious further hitch in EFs method of interviewing was the fact that I was apparently limited to a mere three words per question! Three words! Somehow I do not think I am going to bother. How has anyone else found English First please?

Messages In This Thread
Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- Bryce -- 2011-08-29
Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- Gwendolyn Rumpelstiltz -- 2011-08-29
Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- Jules.A -- 2011-08-30
Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- Bryce -- 2011-09-02
Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- San Migs -- 2011-09-03
Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- Oldtimer -- 2011-09-03
Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- Dragonized -- 2011-09-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment

Go to another board -