TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment
Bryce - 2011-09-02
In response to Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment (Jules.A)

I got an interview at York School of Foreign Languages through Gold Star TEFL Recruitment and eventually got offered a position there. It is a private language institution in Fuzhou, China. Gold Star TEFL Recruitment did also get me a few interviews at a few EF Schools, which are hit or miss. EF is a chain, so how good the school is really depends on the specific branch. There are advantages to working at a chain... they tend to offer career advancement opportunities, continuing education, and you can transfer to other locations internally without issue. My main tutor at my CELTA program originally worked for an EF school in Poland for a year before transferring to an EF school in Prague, which also paid for her to get her DELTA. She said the one in Poland was not that great, but that from that position she was able to get better jobs. Not that I'm saying it will work out that way for everyone else, I'm just saying that working in a chain doesn't always have to be a negative experience.

Anyways, I've heard of horror stories, so I just wanted to share my positive one. I am very happy with Gold Star TEFL Recruitment. They were honest and upfront and very responsive. I would recommend them to anyone.

Messages In This Thread
Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- Bryce -- 2011-08-29
Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- Gwendolyn Rumpelstiltz -- 2011-08-29
Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- Jules.A -- 2011-08-30
Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- Bryce -- 2011-09-02
Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- San Migs -- 2011-09-03
Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- Oldtimer -- 2011-09-03
Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment -- Dragonized -- 2011-09-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment

Go to another board -