TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teaching in China?
silver sedge - 2011-09-12
In response to Re: Teaching in China? (Dragonized)

Whether it's big places or little ones as long as there are expats you will find these self serving phonies living out their fantasy of "teaching".

Though that's a fact, I always try to retain an open mind when meeting an FT for the first time. There are some nice westerners teaching English in China, but they tend to be few and far between. First impressions are of paramount importance, and should be heeded wherever and whenever. In my experience, only around 15% of the westerners I've met in China have been my kind of people. When you meet a westerner whom you cannot take to, the best way to avoid problems with him/her in the future is to ensure you only have brief conversations with said person. A polite hello followed by a quick goodbye, saying you're sorry you're busy, is the best way to exit gracefully from a situation you wish to get out of . Always remember you didn't come to China to meet westerners, but if you're lucky enough to meet one you like, you can have a good time together. But that's the exception to the norm here.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Teaching in China? -- Dragonized -- 2011-09-11
Re: Teaching in China? -- silver sedge -- 2011-09-12
Re: Teaching in China? -- Dragonized -- 2011-09-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teaching in China?

Go to another board -