TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Looking to teach ESL. Any advice?
beentheredonethat - 2011-10-27
In response to Looking to teach ESL. Any advice? (Pete)

Worry not, Pete. If you want a job in China as an EFL teacher, all you need is the ability to walk upright and have the ability to put one or two sentences together fairly coherently.
Although, because of your degree in communication, I would not classify you as one of those "teachers" who would ultimately do more harm than good, truth be told there are thousands of teachers in China who would fall under that classification.

With your combined skills in communication and music I believe you could land a great job teaching music and/or communication in a good university despite not having a certificate in Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language. I taught in China for several years and met and worked with many foreigners who couldn't string together enough words to make a readable paragraph. Seems to me like you'd have a leg up on all of them.

Good luck. China can be a trip and a half...........

Messages In This Thread
Looking to teach ESL. Any advice? -- Pete -- 2011-10-25
Re: Looking to teach ESL. Any advice? -- beentheredonethat -- 2011-10-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Looking to teach ESL. Any advice?

Go to another board -