TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: CUFLI, The Ole Bait & Switch Scam?
Seth - 2011-11-03
In response to Re: CUFLI, The Ole Bait & Switch Scam? (Cageygirl)

I worked for CUFLI a few years back when I was 19. At that age CUFLI was the only people who were willing to employ me. Things were definitively shaky at first but I was determined to do my best. I was very warmly welcomed and they sent me on interviews at once (seeing as they fist needed the schools approval before the teacher is hired, CUFLI did explain this to me). From there i was sent back and forth teaching odd classes here and there. I finaly started teaching at a public middle school for a while which was terrible mainly because of unruly children not wanting to learn English but rather expected some one like Chuck Norris instead! From there i chose to teach kindergarten , which i loved and taught many VIP students individually. Here is what i will lay it out for all of you : in any such situation you get the good, the bad and the ugly. The bad- You really are just a money making machine in their eyes as all companies are! The housing is Crap, pay is low/(no basic salary is paid as you are paid hourly for the classes you teach)and they drag you around like a dog on a leash. The ugly - Never trust anyone and whatever they tell you is only that they may take advantage of you ! They will ask you to lie for them some or other time. THE GOOD - They make an effort to get you hired at a school which you like and whom likes you. The always pay on time. They will always organize you accomodation no matter how crummy it might seem. They give you a dedicated PA (whom you may not always like or trust ) who will look after you in cases of emergency.Easily grant you a working visa. They have some great teachers working for them who are always ready to give a helping hand. There are a few details i have not mentioned but you are welcome to ask me out on anything else you would want to know. The point is almost all these companies are the same such as CUFLI so get your facts straight and know what you are getting in to! Do your research and make sure you know what's in the contract and change it if your not happy before you even consider employment . And Always have a plan B!

Messages In This Thread
Re: CUFLI, The Ole Bait & Switch Scam? -- Cageygirl -- 2010-05-02
Re: CUFLI, The Ole Bait & Switch Scam? -- Seth -- 2011-11-03
Re: CUFLI, The Ole Bait & Switch Scam? -- fpxy -- 2011-11-03
Re: CUFLI, The Ole Bait & Switch Scam? -- Raoul F. Duke -- 2011-11-07
Re: CUFLI, The Ole Bait & Switch Scam? -- Shaun -- 2011-11-03
Re: CUFLI, The Ole Bait & Switch Scam? -- Chengdu FT -- 2011-11-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: CUFLI, The Ole Bait & Switch Scam?

Go to another board -