TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Guangdong
Simon - 2011-12-07

I think you're correct in stating that 'Dragonized' has had a bad experience teaching in China, probably more than one. I can understand why he and his like put down China. They don't want others to come here and have similar bad experiences. I also think that that poster is a colored person. If he's dark-skinned, he'd not be treated nearly as well as white foreigners are. So, from his perspective I can see why he's angered by you posting what you have achieved. We should take what he says with a pinch of salt while being aware that many foreigners are badly treated by their Chinese employers for one reason or another. Can you envisage a Chinese person teaching badly in the States after having been invited to go there to do so? Even if he didn't do a good job, he'd be allowed to finish his contract. But here in China, that cannot be guaranteed for western EFL teachers! It's good that he has posted his negative stuff in reply to your positive work experiences. That said, to make big bucks here teaching, skin color and teaching ability are of paramount importance. Many westerners here are barely literate, so their chances of making good money are virtually zero. Anyways, your posts have been illuminating. Thanks for having shared your work experiences with us.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Guangdong -- Simon -- 2011-12-07
Re: Guangdong -- Dragonized -- 2011-12-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Guangdong

Go to another board -