TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Beware exploitive FTs!
btdt - 2011-12-22
In response to Re: Beware exploitive FTs! (Lili Marleen)

"I suggest to look at the power structures in China, and then you will get it! I suggest that you do not narrow down your views to just a one or two positive experiences you have had!"
Lili

Having spent the better part of eight years in China, Lili, my positive experiences have not been limited to one or two. Nor am I ignorant to the power structures in China, which, by the way, exist every where. Interestingly, I was just looking back at some journal writing I did when I was first in China. Some of those writings addressed the issue of corruption in China. I'm not blind to it now anymore than I was then. However, I don't distinguish it as strictly a Chinese problem. Sure there are varying degrees of corruption or, more succinctly, varying degrees of ability to hide the corruption from the people.

I understand the temptation that lures many foreigners to lash out at the Chinese and, especially their oft corrupt employers. I've done some lashing out myself, and I've even been insensitive to my environment and the culture that surrounds me. Nevertheless, I've learned to temper my judgement and to love what there is to love, which, in my opinion is abundant. I've also learned to avoid the big cities as much as possible.

Again, though, I have to laugh at your suggestion that I've had so few positive experiences in China..............thanks for that - the laugh that is. Oh, by the way, I've met and know many foreigners who find delight in every day they live in China. They've found a way to embrace the positives and not be overly affected by the negatives.

Messages In This Thread
Beware exploitive FTs! -- btdt -- 2011-12-20
Re: Beware exploitive FTs! -- San Migs -- 2011-12-20
Re: Beware exploitive FTs! -- btdt -- 2011-12-21
Re: Beware exploitive FTs! -- Lili Marleen -- 2011-12-21
Re: Beware exploitive FTs! -- Dragonized -- 2011-12-21
Re: Beware exploitive FTs! -- digger -- 2011-12-22
Re: Beware exploitive FTs! -- Dragonized -- 2011-12-22
Re: Beware exploitive FTs! -- Highly Enlighted -- 2011-12-22
Re: Beware exploitive FTs! -- San Migs -- 2011-12-22
Re: Beware exploitive FTs! -- Lili Marleen -- 2011-12-22
Re: Beware exploitive FTs! -- Dragonized -- 2011-12-23
Re: Beware exploitive FTs! -- btdt -- 2011-12-22
Re: Beware exploitive FTs! -- btdt -- 2011-12-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Beware exploitive FTs!

Go to another board -