TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Beware crazy Chinese women!
foxy - 2011-12-23

If you are from the UK and planning to take your Chinese wife and return home, be aware that the British Embassy will check to see if you have "reasonable means" to support both of you in the UK. I know of one Brit who was refused an exit visa for his Chinese wife due to their claim that he did not have reasonable means to support her.

Exactly so. I believe most Western countries operate this way. However, Sweden is one of the exceptions that has been compared very favourably with its much stricter neighbour, Norway, regarding immigration regulations. The former automatically grants the spouses of Swedes entry visas.
Pensions, I didn't know that the British expats who tried to sue the UK government re the frozen pensions rule for some countries had lost their case. But I wasn't talking about the state pension. By the way, there's some talk the age of pension entitlement for men will be raised to 67 years of age. Your post is informative for many British expats in China. Re state pension, it doesn't affect me greatly as I've spent 1/2 my working life or so abroad. Therefore, I wouldn't qualify for the full pension as I did not contribute towards it. I was talking about a teacher's pension and a company one. My wife's been to the UK, but she prefers China, as do I.
Now to the topic of the thread - Beware crazy Chinese women. That is advice worth heeding. It's the old 'the grass is greener on the other side of the fence' fallacy of many Chinese women. I recall, for example, hordes of Britons heading for a better life in Australia in the sixties, only for many of them to return to Britain within a year disappointed and disillusioned. In fact, beware of all women, many men would say. The divorce rate backs my statement up! Better to be very careful whom you marry. Divorce can be messy and costly. It's good Silverboy took his pleasure when it was offered him on a plate. Lucky bloke he is, and not one to be easily fooled. The woman was lucky too, to experience really good sex! Size matters, and that would have been rammed home by Silverboy himself. I think she's definitely the more fortunate of the couple! Chinese men just haven't got the size that satisfies!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Beware crazy Chinese women! -- foxy -- 2011-12-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Beware crazy Chinese women!

Go to another board -