TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › re: not a good start to the new year!
San Migs - 2012-01-03

Incompetence or indifference, or a little bit of both?

Been in lala-land for 6 years, on and off, so while not a zhong guo tong, nothing really surprises me.

Was woken before 9 this morning by the fao hammering on the external steel door, wants me to get up and get dressed, and give me my new years 2000 rmb travel money/bonus/call it what you will. Good stuff, needs me to go to the principal...sigh, ok, quickly get dressed, a walk over in the cold, get the signature, get the ready cash, no worries in my mind....only the principal refuses to sign, starts shouting in local dialect at the fao for best part of a half hour, leaving me to wonder is he angry at me or the fao, for I can't understand a solitary word that is being uttered out of their mouths! The fao later tells me, MAYBE you will get the new years money, I don't know, and then asks can you stay on the school campus and work over the holiday in some activities at the school ....despite me telling him I at least wanted to visit some friends in another province over CNY for a few days.

So, is it incompetence or indifference?

Come summer, I don't expect a renewal of my contract, nor do I particularly want one...it speaks volumes most teachers left after their year is up, or even in one case, after a semester.

Happy new year all
SMGS

Messages In This Thread
re: not a good start to the new year! -- San Migs -- 2012-01-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › re: not a good start to the new year!

Go to another board -