TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: T/As, spare them a thought!
Nigel - 2012-01-05

T/As who work for the company I work for are English major university graduates. They would never work in pink rooms! They are not the kind of girls who would become whores. Overpaid? Not at all. Each T/A here has to submit detailed lesson plans. She also has to assist her FT with problems, such as opening a bank account and a visit to the doctor's. In addition, she has to deal with the landlord of her FT's apartment whenever problems occur with utilities and anything else that pertains to his accommodation. When he leaves after his contract has expired, she must clean the apartment. She must attend training every weekend on Saturday for 5 hours. All this for a fixed salary of 800 a month plus 5 Yuan per FT's class. My T/A is on 1200 a month, as I've 18 classes/ week. And she must liase with the Chinese teachers at the school on behalf of the company and her FT. She must also befriend the students and try to get her FT to satisfy them regarding the teaching. If she stays year after year, her salary goes up by 100 Yuan/month from one year to the next. Holiday pay for Spring Festival/summer vacation? Nothing at all. But she does get a cellphone allowance of 50 Yuan/month. However, her accommodation may be as basic as a school dorm. No wonder the turnover of T/As is very high. My T/A does not have very good English, but she definitely makes my teaching more efficient by her translations into Chinese. Teaching senior middle school without a T/A is tough - I've done it, never again! You should stop berating those poor girls. They do not deserve it!

Messages In This Thread
Re: T/As, spare them a thought! -- Nigel -- 2012-01-05
Re: T/As, spare them a thought! -- San Migs -- 2012-01-05
Re: T/As, spare them a thought! -- foxy -- 2012-01-06
Re: T/As, spare them a thought! -- San Migs -- 2012-01-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: T/As, spare them a thought!

Go to another board -