TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I forgot this critical point - ESL discussion
Elephant - 2005-05-22

I forgot to mention in my post the fact that when I give multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank type tests, I use an answer-bank at the top of the test. Answers to all the questions are given in the answer bank, along with several non-English answers. Each question is thus not accompanied by answers, which eliminates the temptation of students to simply CIRCLE an answer for each question.

One non-English answer I LOVE to use is the 'Thaiglish' pidgen 'Where you go?'. It took a semester of work to root out this expression at my school.

I'm sure anyone who has taught here in Thailand can think of all sorts of Thaiglish answers for his own tests.

Don't get pissed off at cheaters and cheating--have fun stifling cheaters.

E

Messages In This Thread
Strategies to use cheating in the classroom as a learning activity - ESL discussion -- Elephant -- 2005-05-21
Cheatin' teachers - ESL discussion -- SiamSap -- 2005-05-22
Forget it - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-05-22
That's a whistle I wouldn't blow....yet - ESL discussion -- Elephant -- 2005-05-22
I forgot this critical point - ESL discussion -- Elephant -- 2005-05-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I forgot this critical point - ESL discussion

Go to another board -