TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re English First Shanghai (Shanghai Normal University)
Jurgen - 2012-01-09

Dear Turnoi, and hopefully a few others who follow this thread:
I do take your advice of not working for EF very seriously, I have read all the mails in this thread very carefully and have - for the first time in my life I think, written to the esl teacher board.

BUT: I still haven't heard any real reasons: somebody mentioned they would try anything to make you work heaps of hours and continue working for them - well, that doesn't sound sooo incredibly bad, and as the position is only for the 2 terms (ie long summer/winter breaks) it also seems mangable...

As I have never been to China (I've worked in Vietnam and India before) I also do not understand this:
"It's a bad sign if a language mill like EF seems to be affiliazed with a "Normal University" in China"

I've always been puzzled with that term "Normal University", but have no idea why this would be a bad sign.

Hoping for some more explanation,
Jurgen

Messages In This Thread
Re: Re English First Shanghai (Shanghai Normal University) -- Jurgen -- 2012-01-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re English First Shanghai (Shanghai Normal University)

Go to another board -