TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › That's a whistle I wouldn't blow....yet - ESL discussion
Elephant - 2005-05-22
In response to Cheatin' teachers - ESL discussion (SiamSap)

I'd do it, but I'd wait on doing it. If you did talk to your fellow teacher's grad advisor, he'd probably laugh it off like it's not a big deal. If your colleague then found out you spilled the beans, I guarantee HE'D treat it as a very big deal. If you think your students misbehave in your classrooms now, let your colleague egg-'em-on to misbehave as retaliaton for something like this. It would then suck to be you....very much. Thai students treat Thai teachers like gods.....and view us Farang as 'hired hands' that can be disrepected at will. They'd walk off a cliff for a Thai teacher if told by one to do so.

If you ARE going to drop the bomb on your colleague, wait until your contract is up. Make the run to his university just before you get on the plane outta here. Blow the whistle, jump on the 747, and then never look back. Every little bit helps rooting out cheating. I'm so sick of cheating and cheaters here.

Good luck. I'd like to see this guy crash and burn.

E

Messages In This Thread
Strategies to use cheating in the classroom as a learning activity - ESL discussion -- Elephant -- 2005-05-21
Cheatin' teachers - ESL discussion -- SiamSap -- 2005-05-22
Forget it - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-05-22
That's a whistle I wouldn't blow....yet - ESL discussion -- Elephant -- 2005-05-22
I forgot this critical point - ESL discussion -- Elephant -- 2005-05-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › That's a whistle I wouldn't blow....yet - ESL discussion

Go to another board -