TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: requirements for public university jobs
extc - 2012-03-02
In response to Re: requirements for public university jobs (ontoChina2012)

Yes, I worked at a public university, public middle schools and a private college training center. Regardless of where you go in China, including major cities, there is little substance to the education system, and even less for foreign ESL teachers -- you will find that the students are often rude, have English skills so bad that it is hard to communicate with them. You will feel like you have been used as a scapegoat for a failed education policy on a subject that most hate.

I say that most schools in China, kindy to Uni, public and private are useless. If that was not true, then why do you see badly translated 'English' everywhere?

Read the articles on http://www.chinaholisticenglish.org/ before taking the plunge.

As for your career, I don't think that a year in China looks particularly good, especially if you want to go into TEFL teaching professionally, as most people in the business know that ESL in China is a joke.

Happy to help you more, if you want.

extc

Messages In This Thread
requirements for public university jobs -- ontoChina2012 -- 2012-02-29
Re: requirements for public university jobs -- extc -- 2012-03-01
Re: requirements for public university jobs -- ontoChina2012 -- 2012-03-01
Re: requirements for public university jobs -- extc -- 2012-03-02
Re: requirements for public university jobs -- ontoChina2012 -- 2012-03-02
Re: requirements for public university jobs -- extc -- 2012-03-03
Re: requirements for public university jobs -- San Migs -- 2012-03-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: requirements for public university jobs

Go to another board -