TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: requirements for public university jobs
extc - 2012-03-03
In response to Re: requirements for public university jobs (ontoChina2012)

I would say you could easily be accepted by a 2nd or 3rd tier college. If you want the better places, I would add some sort of TESL/TEFL certification to your resume. As for a major city, I am really not sure, but don't let that put you off applying though!

Working hours depend on your body! I personally find 20 (45 min) classes a week the max. Anything above that would wreck my sleeping pattern :).

Accommodation can range from awful to acceptable. For example, a friend of mine in Hunan just had the hot water tank removed from his shower room, reducing his running hot water from 10 mins to 3 mins. Also, a lot of accommodation in China is near a main road, or on the school campus, with the school loudspeakers and announcements causing disturb.

Other issues include broken equipment (which is not fixed quickly), power outages, no paint on walls, dangerous electric wiring, leaking or freezing pipes. (Although not everywhere.)

I would avoid anywhere with weather extremes and schools that have bad comments on other forums.

extc
Messages In This Thread
requirements for public university jobs -- ontoChina2012 -- 2012-02-29
Re: requirements for public university jobs -- extc -- 2012-03-01
Re: requirements for public university jobs -- ontoChina2012 -- 2012-03-01
Re: requirements for public university jobs -- extc -- 2012-03-02
Re: requirements for public university jobs -- ontoChina2012 -- 2012-03-02
Re: requirements for public university jobs -- extc -- 2012-03-03
Re: requirements for public university jobs -- San Migs -- 2012-03-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: requirements for public university jobs

Go to another board -