TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion
Claire - 2012-03-20

I know I'm late in replying here but this is more for the benefit of others looking for reviews of Eden English School in Nanning, China and are considering taking a job with them! I accepted a job with them but after the content of the contact I had with them after accepting, I begin to have a bad feeling about them and decided not to take the job! Boy, am I glad I turned them down!!! Take a look at their response to my decline of their offer!

Dear Claire

Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday but I was busy explaining to one of the staff why they will have to cancel the holiday they booked last week due to your unexpected late change of mind (once you told me you were applying for your visa I said it was ok to book as normally that's a sure sign of commitment). That makes two of you feeling sick now!

Tom did make a good point, though, and I think it's worth passing on: what if you had bought your visa and tickets (as he had, but only a small penalty for cancelling so don't worry about that) , and then we sent you an email saying we had actually thought about it and decided to withdraw our offer? I think he does have an interesting point. 18 days is a long time to leave it, isn't it? it's the longest in my memory, that's for sure.

I told him you'd probably agreed too quickly, plus you'd only given it thought and consideration after accepting, rather than doing that before, as is the norm. Everyone has their own ways, I told him, and that's what makes it interesting.

Anyway, we've cancelled the letter of invitation, so no need to worry about what to do with it, but best to rip it up in case anyone else tries to use it, as they will be in for nasty shock at the airport. I think you would have liked the flat we had found for you. I know our property staff had put a lot of effort into it and were glad to have arranged a good deal for everyone. Here's hoping the landlord takes your news better than Tom!

Right, I'd better get back to looking for a teacher again.

Hope you're feeling better now, and that you get your energy back to go and do something. Better weather soon, so best to enjoy it.

Belated Happy St Patrick's Day!

ed
- Show quoted text -
[Message clipped]Download entire message

Messages In This Thread
Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- KS -- 2006-08-15
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- James T. -- 2012-05-07
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- San Migs -- 2012-05-07
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- James T. -- 2012-05-07
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Claire -- 2012-03-20
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Nanning Hand -- 2016-09-09
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Guangxi Guy -- 2016-09-11
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Foxy -- 2016-09-09
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Tom Hilton -- 2012-04-14
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Dezlie Mikulin -- 2012-04-16
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Eden English -- 2012-03-21
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Mark -- 2012-04-13
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Magister -- 2012-03-22
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Michael -- 2012-03-20
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Magister -- 2012-03-21
Eden English - Teachers Discussion -- Paul Ridden -- 2007-03-10
Just the job ads - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -