TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: the Neil Heywood case
englishgibson - 2012-04-04

Cl, big gangs and government are usually hand in hand, and that goes for Japan, Russia, Italy, Ukraine Slovakia or China. In China, this seems to be related to business only; however, in countries like Russia, Ukraine or Slovakia it is about a lot more and it has gone as far as nukes before. Chinese love money so much that i have never seen it anywhere else to such an extent. And, with all the traditionalism kicking in, most local authorities will close their eyes, if the result of any crime committed is good for their country. What is worrying is that how the locals deal with anyone who opposes or attempts to stop such a trend. Have a look at the fields of high techonology, cars, food or education and see how the locals' practices go.

As for Chongqing and Mr Heywood's case, I only am familiar with the location and its people a little bit. Living and working in the city for only 6 months, what I have learnt is that it is the example of a dishonesty and rampant corruption on every corner. Many of the city's government officials' kids have studies, are studying or are preparing to study in western unis and some choose very interesting majors. It's a highly opportunistic city that has not capitalized on its military (industry) and the real estate, and to my knowledge, foreign investors do not favor the location for some good reasons at all.

Condolences to anyone connected to or that has known Mr Heywood

Messages In This Thread
Re: the Neil Heywood case -- englishgibson -- 2012-04-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: the Neil Heywood case

Go to another board -