TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan
ian riddell - 2012-04-07

Hi guys, don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes. I have been teaching in a middle school in Sichuan for nearly 2 years now, and i live in a flat on the 1st floor ( 2nd if you're American) inside the school campus. Now it's a pretty big campus with security guards on patrol. Anyway, last night i woke up in the wee hours of the morning to find out that somebody had managed to get into my flat and robbed me of my laptop, expensive camera, 2 mobile phones and a separate 500gb hard drive. Apart from the camera, everything else was in my bedroom and actually on my bed, yet the thief managed to creep into my bedroom and remove them without me waking up. In total i lost around 10000rmb worth of equipment. I had the police round to see me at 5 in the morning and spent the rest of the day giving statements etc . The woman in charge of the school foreign teachers ( I am actually the only one here) came round ,too, and took a note of what was missing ,together with the cost of each piece of equipment, and they mentioned that the police are giving this their highest priority.

I suppose what i want to know is will the school reimburse me or replace the stolen goods? I personally feel that they should as this has happened to a teacher inside their campus. Any information here would be helpful.

Thanks
Ian

Messages In This Thread
Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- ian riddell -- 2012-04-07
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- Ian -- 2012-04-09
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- Ian -- 2012-04-19
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- San Migs -- 2012-04-19
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- San Migs -- 2012-04-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan

Go to another board -