TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan
Charlie dont surf - 2012-04-10
In response to Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan (San Migs)

Thanks

My experiences in china are wide and varied, like most people I would assume. I personally had nothing to do with the police on campus. Basically they were a miserable bunch, just sitting at the gates, having great difficulty in responding to a common courtesy like saying hello. There was a claim of theft from a foreign teacher who lived on the ground floor and it was reported to police. They visited the apartment and did nothing. I would have to say that I will never visit that country again, sorry but I just dont like the majority of the people. Life is short and the world is big and there are far more pleasant places to visit, without being under constant surveillance.

I have many disturbing stories to tell about my stay in that country, both my own experiences and those of my students who passed on to me some very sad stories. But as for the police. I travelled to another country during winter holidays. Prior to leaving I got some passport photos done at a local photoshop. Upon commencement of the new semester I was going through the process of getting a new work permit/visa. As you know this involves going to the local police station to get some paperwork. I was given the paperwork to check over to see if the details were correct. Instantly I recognised the photo in the top right corner. It was the same passport photo I had done 7 weeks earlier. I asked the fao how did the police get that photo as I never gave it to them. I was told that any photos I get printed at the photoshop are saved for 5 years at the shop and copies are sent to the police. I could not believe what I was hearing. That means any passport pics and any private pics are saved and given to the police. And these people wonder why they have no friends in the world.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- xetc -- 2012-04-08
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- San Migs -- 2012-04-08
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- Charlie dont surf -- 2012-04-09
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- San Migs -- 2012-04-09
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- Charlie dont surf -- 2012-04-10
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- San Migs -- 2012-04-10
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- Charlie dont surf -- 2012-04-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan

Go to another board -