TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › BSK/ Pacican
Dan - 2012-04-11

Hi,
I'm currently working in Hangzhou but started off at Pacican in Shanghai. Anyone who is looking to work for them better love public transport. I spent over 4 hours a day travelling just for work. When I asked to be relocated they said I would loose a months salary if I really wanted to move. The foreign staff are as unhelpful as the Chinese staff. They tell you what to do but if you ask them for anything they direct you to the Chinese staff who ignore every email and text and force you to take a day off (which they charge you for) to wait outside their office all day to see them at which point they will act like you're huge inconvenience to them and a burden (and they let you know about it). I wasn't the only one to go through this situation. Shanghai is nice but I see more of it living in Hangzhou and travelling in on the weekend than I did when I was living on the outerim of the city. Take your time looking for a job most teaching jobs my friends have in Shanghai are ok but the larger companies tend to treat you like a cow and milk you dry then slaughter you for what's left.

· Previous · Next Return to Index › BSK/ Pacican

Go to another board -