TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: the Neil Heywood case
Magister - 2012-04-11

Yes, it would make a good book/movie. The media always seems to portray any man who is making a meteoric rise to power with an influential wife by his side as being Macbeth. Perhaps it's because the Scottish play is still widely taught at GCSE level and therefore a nice palatable analogy to draw.

I think there's probably still a few more revelations to come.

For one, i'm not particularly convinced that 'conflicts over economic interests' are the only motives behind the murder. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that said conflicts may have soured the relationship between the Family and Mr Heywood but that it was something Mr Heywood knew, some piece of damaging information that he had acquired through his work with the Bo family that they didn't want the rest of the world to know that actually got him killed. Of course once the relationship had collapsed it would be risky for them to leave a disgruntled Heywood as a lose end.

Again, whether we'll ever know the full truth is doubtful. I expect a lot of political posturing from those involved. Strong words about justice and no one being beyond the rule of law, etc. However, i doubt that the Chinese authorities will really delve that deeply into the question of why Neil Heywood was murdered. Pulling on that thread would cause only more political turmoil at a time when they want to show a united front.

Messages In This Thread
Re: the Neil Heywood case -- Magister -- 2012-04-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: the Neil Heywood case

Go to another board -