TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: the Neil Heywood case
englishgibson - 2012-04-14
In response to Re: the Neil Heywood case (Magister)

Bo's had some powerful enemies within the party. Wen Jiabao certainly is one of them. A while back when Bo was in Dalian, then President Jiang Zeming said; "I want his head" (aiming at Bo). However, the comrades on Bo's own side may have also motives and money is one of them. Supposedly, the man rises up, runs for Beijing's office, "pays his dues" and when it's discovered how much money he really has...

Let's ask ourselves the question; "How believable is it that a smart and powerful man, who is about to become much more powerful, destroys his life so carelessly and in fact idiotically?" It is ludicrous to insinuate Mr Heywood himself posed any danger to Mr Bo or his family, unless he really had an affair with his wife. Logic isn't popular in this country, although pushing the affair may prove to be a pretty darn good move by some party members.

The question about Bo's son's education that has been presented and his justification of scholarship for the western schooling is a high suspect. To my knowledge, funds for Chinese uni applicants' scholarships may have been set up by some highly powerful Chinese. Cash gifts of some really high amounts of money have been given to American or British unis before. Even if I am wrong, it's not such a bad long shot that Bo's family may have ticked some influential donors off.

In the end, I honestly do not believe we'll get the whole nine yards out of the investigation. I fear worse than that as peoples people may only get a framed head symbolically instead of the guilty murderous dragon. The rest of the corrupt group of local officials may and will learn the lesson to stick together or face the consequences.

Condolences to Mr Heywood's relatives and friends

Messages In This Thread
Re: the Neil Heywood case -- englishgibson -- 2012-04-13
Re: the Neil Heywood case -- Magister -- 2012-04-13
Re: the Neil Heywood case -- englishgibson -- 2012-04-14
Re: the Neil Heywood case -- Magister -- 2012-04-15
Re: the Neil Heywood case -- cunning lnguist -- 2012-04-18
Re: the Neil Heywood case -- San Migs -- 2012-04-14
Motives for the murder of Mr. Neil Heywood -- englishgibson -- 2012-04-15
Re: Motives for the murder of Mr. Neil Heywood -- San Migs -- 2012-04-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: the Neil Heywood case

Go to another board -