TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: I need an EFL job
Faith - 2012-04-18
In response to I need an EFL job (Sebastian)

I have a couple of suggestions for you. Given that you're not averse to teaching off the beaten track in China, and you have no teaching experience, I think it would be a good idea for you to apply to agents rather than to recruiters. You would be teaching for the agent. He would place you in a middle school, and supply a Chinese teaching assistant. He (or she) would teach you how to teach, as it were, as well as make it easier for the students to follow your lessons. I think this would be a good way for a non-teacher to start teaching in China. Last year around this time I bumped into a Spaniard teaching English for an agent in a county. His name was Javier, and I'd say his English was pretty poor, but he was managing to satisfy the middle school where he had been placed, and consequently, the agent who had placed him there. His teaching assistant must have been able to ensure his continued employment by helping him plan his lessons well. The only complaint he had was that teaching each lesson over and over again during each week, week by week, was boring, but he did say he was able to amend it as he went along, so as to improve it.
I know agents and Chinese teaching assistants are criticized severely here by some posters. So, I think it wouldn't be a good idea for me to name said agent on here. But if you like you can e-mail me and I'll tell you how to contact said agent. Anyone else interested, please feel free to do so.

Messages In This Thread
I need an EFL job -- Sebastian -- 2012-04-18
Re: I need an EFL job -- foxy -- 2012-04-18
Re: I need an EFL job -- juanisaac -- 2012-04-18
Re: I need an EFL job -- Faith -- 2012-04-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: I need an EFL job

Go to another board -