TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: ESL Teachers in Saudi Arabia should be given compound housing
D-Dan - 2012-04-23

I am currently living and teaching in the KSA. I am not on a compound either and I can tell you that living in an apartment block does get very boring indeed!
There is nothing, and I mean nothing to do! At least on a compound there are facilities such as swimming pools, gyms, BBQ pits and social meeting areas and activities.
In the block I am in most of the other teachers lock themselves into their apartments and don't surface again until the next working day. There are a few people who hang out and chat, but the majority are socially void. There really is nothing to do in KSA, no bars, no cinemas , no beach, no clubs, nothing. I have recently joined a US society that meets every couple of weeks, so I will see how that works out. I agree with the Golden Snitch, the companies in Saudi really do need to put their teachers on compounds, otherwise more and more teachers will pack up and make a break for it in the middle of the night.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: ESL Teachers in Saudi Arabia should be given compound housing

Go to another board -