TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › a good example - ESL discussion
Erika Maaskant - 2005-05-31

This is in response to the message posted by Joseph Sam - and I think it's a good example of what to watch out for. By honestly talking about my experiences, i was attacked as malicious and "crazy" and i think this is a defensive response. Joseph, do you have any association with CING? I'm really interested to know.

I know what i saw, i would never even consider going to africa for a "mental health break", and i think it needs to be talked about openly and honestly because the only people being hurt by NGO fraud are the poor and disadvantaged that are supposed to be helped by it - donors often feel hurt, but they don't go days without food as a result of an organizations corruption - they just loose a few bucks.

Joseph Sam, i ask that you please examine your reasons for trying to defend that which is destroying and undermining the effort to help. Please - I found it incredibly painful to see the horrible things that were going on at CING and I don't understand why you attack me for standing up against them - to be honest, it scares me.

Messages In This Thread
Ghana Program A Scam? -- Savannah Milford -- 2004-12-04
my own Ghanain experiences -- Erika Maaskant -- 2005-01-05
Well written -- Dos -- 2005-01-05
Volunteering -- laodeng -- 2004-12-05
HASP with GVN -- Brenda Gentile -- 2005-02-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › a good example - ESL discussion

Go to another board -