TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Notice of Labor's Day
Old Salt - 2012-04-24
In response to Notice of Labor's Day (Foreign Export)

Subject: Notice of Labor's Day
"Dear Foreign Experts:

May 1st is International Labor's Day. According to the Notice of Yuncheng Government, all people will have a rest from April 29th to May 1st. People still work on Saturday as usual. Different schools may adjust their own schedule time. But if you work during the Labor holidays, you will get extra days' salary.

Director "

Yup, "Foreign Export", I like your post - it says a lot if you're capable of reading between the lines. Aside from the rubbish English, or should I say Chinglish, that your 'Director' obviously has a great grasp of, I should forewarn all readers that the Chinese, despite their iffy English, will still try to lord it over you if they feel your good efforts aren't making them more lucre than that they've (reluctantly) had to part with to have you here to do the biz for them. So, if your rubbish Chinese teaching assistant has really rubbish Chinglish, even worse than the 'Diector's', don't be humbled when she tries to dominate your teaching methods, and push playing games, etc. Sicken her, and rough it out. Your director will always trust the school first, not her excuses and lies. Always remember you're on 75 Yuan/class while she's on a basement 5 Yuan/class! That's what her Chinglish has done for her! In short, exploit the weaknesses, and keep in with the school - no need to sell yourself short as a grovelling weasel, particularly in Yuncheng or its surrounding counties!

hI

Dear Foreign Experts,

How are you? This school year will end on around June 20th, 2012. Thank you very much for your wonderful work. I appreciate and have learnt a lot from you. In order to improve our work, will you please appraise your assistants' work so that we can decide to adjust or fire some assistants? You are also welcome to appraise the workers in the office and give us suggestion on our work. Thank you.

Your sincerely,

_ _ _ _ _ _

Messages In This Thread
Notice of Labor's Day -- Foreign Export -- 2012-04-24
Re: Notice of Labor's Day -- San Migs -- 2012-04-24
Re: Notice of Labor's Day -- Old Salt -- 2012-04-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Notice of Labor's Day

Go to another board -