TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: ESL Teachers in Saudi Arabia should be given compound housing
San Migs - 2012-04-26

Do not let isolated incidents form your opinion of a country you have never been to.

I do not have to go there, to know that I, and others included, would NOT like it. Even silverboy has stated it would be no fun.

Most of the ex-saudi teaching crowd I met in the Sultanate, fell into 1 of 2 camps, either insane, or edging on it, or borderline alcoholic, or even more sadly, both mixed together.

I knew 3 teachers all of whom I considered friends, and let's just say they couldn't get to sleep at night unless they had been down to the local hotel bar or been drinking at home. That is pretty sad if you ask me, no matter how much money the KSA may offer.

And I also am not interested in a country where they cut peoples heads off, if they don't get a clean cut, what then? The baying, chanting crowd is medieval and primitive and I just cannot and do not want to be a part of that for any amount of money.

Kind Regards and Good Luck,
San Migs

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: ESL Teachers in Saudi Arabia should be given compound housing

Go to another board -