TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Sending a Chinese school a copy of my passport
okand - 2012-04-28

I feel I should warn anybody that happens to read this.
It should probably be obvious that you can replicate ANYTHING you can see on your screen with the print screen command (really convenient for copying pages of obscure books from google as libraries get to have a whole bunch of ip addresses ^^).
Trying to smudge information using an algorithm (i.e. photoshop filter) doesn't completely help either. You are basically dealing with a type of chosen-plaintext attack, in which you know that a filter has been used to mask a string of predictable characters. All you need to do is apply the right filter to the right character - a typical brute force attack, which is getting easier each year. Once you get the filter right you can decrypt everything. If you get parts of the date of birth smudged, you reduce the characters to 3 :D Naturally, you have to know how to code to get this thing done... If you want to hide something, simply delete it

Messages In This Thread
Re: Sending a Chinese school a copy of my passport -- okand -- 2012-04-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Sending a Chinese school a copy of my passport

Go to another board -