TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion
James T. - 2012-05-07

I taught at Eden English for 6 months (2011-2012) and loved every minute I was there.

THE PEOPLE: The chinese staff was very helpful and never complained about doing anything I asked. Believe me when I say I asked for a lot and they did it all. I am very thankful for all they did because I have worked for other schools where asking them to even help me order gas or water was met with grumbles or the eternal "maybe later" response. The foreign staff is a lot of fun. Bunch of Brits and Scots mostly. They are easy going and everyone stuck together. Almost all the foreigners in the city know each other through someone in that office. It seemed like to me that they try to hire a wide array of personalities, maybe this is so they can try and fit teachers and VIP student better. There were some of us that liked to go for a drink a couple nights of the week and there was another bunch of us that threw dinner parties and watched the latest movie on DVD. (China doesn't care about copyright much so you can pretty much get what every you want for less than a dollar US. It's better than Redbox.

THE CURRICULUM: There are two types of classes VIP (VIP and V2P) and group class. The curriculum is mostly structured around the books they provide. There are lesson plans and a lot of teaching materials available. This school is perfect if you are interested in perfecting your teaching style because they leave it pretty open. Some of the VIP (one-on-one) and V2P(one-on-two) classes are specifically designed to focus on the students needs and wants. This school specializes in VIP type classes. If the school didn't have something you needed and it was within reason they were more than happy to have it picked up for you. The school's students ranged form almost 3 years old to adult.

THE CITY: Nanning is much nicer than other cities I had been too. It is known as the green city and the people are very friendly. In Northern China it is much different. I think that Southern China is a much nicer place to live and Nanning allows for teachers to easily go to Hong Kong or Vietnam on the weekends or vacation.

Yes, I would go again in a heartbeat.

Messages In This Thread
Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- KS -- 2006-08-15
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- James T. -- 2012-05-07
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- San Migs -- 2012-05-07
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- James T. -- 2012-05-07
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Claire -- 2012-03-20
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Nanning Hand -- 2016-09-09
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Guangxi Guy -- 2016-09-11
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Foxy -- 2016-09-09
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Tom Hilton -- 2012-04-14
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Dezlie Mikulin -- 2012-04-16
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Eden English -- 2012-03-21
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Mark -- 2012-04-13
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Magister -- 2012-03-22
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Michael -- 2012-03-20
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Magister -- 2012-03-21
Eden English - Teachers Discussion -- Paul Ridden -- 2007-03-10
Just the job ads - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -